Well, we all know that desserts are the most favorite part after any meal and are favorite for any age group, especially for kids. Now when summertime is here, all we crave is a milkshake. Dry fruits are a good source of nutrients and minerals which gives good energy to your body. So, indulging in dry fruits and nuts is good for your body. Dry Fruits are good in every season whether it is summer or winter. They have antioxidants that help in improving your immune system.
Summer vacations are here and kids are going to ask for some interesting new dishes and drinks every second day, right? If not given they might just have junk food all day which will make their immune system weak. The biggest challenge for a mother is that 90% of children don’t want to have milk. To make their life easy mothers can make different flavors and a variety of milk which their kids can have.
Recipe for a healthy milkshake
As we all know that dry fruit milkshake is a healthy source of adding great energy to your body that can boost your body easily. Dry fruits are a rich source of vitamins and minerals that can charge up your body anytime. This milkshake recipe is good for any age group.
You can select as many flavors you want to make milkshake but my personal opinion is to add dry fruits to the milkshake.
Ingredients for a milkshake
- ¼ cup almonds (badam)
- ¼ cup pistachios (pista)
- ¼ cup cashew (Kaju)
- ¼ cup raisin (kismish)
- 1-2 dried fig, you can chop also
- Pinch of Saffron (Kesar)
- 5 cup of milk- any milk dairy milk or soya milk
- Sugar as per taste
- Chop few dry fruits for garnishing
Instructions of how to make dry fruit milkshake
- For 30 minutes soak your figs in hot water or 2-3 hours in normal water. If your figs are smooth and soft don’t soak them, if hard then only soak them.
- Wash all your dry fruits once except saffron.
- Add dry fruits in a blender jar.
- Add ½ cup of milk to that jar and blend it till it looks like a thick paste.
- Then add the rest of the milk to the jar and add sugar according to your taste.
- Blend it well and pour your milk to a glass.
- Then, at last, garnish your milkshake with the chopped dry fruits and serve it with happiness to your kids.
This is the best way to make your kids have milk in a healthy way and I am sure they will love it.